« Home | Photo Essay about Home » | Rapper poetry » | Confirm » | Presentation Milton » | Short Story :3 » | A Home of a Wolf » | Home<?xml:namespace prefix = o />What can I say to... » | The sea<?xml:namespace prefix = o />For some peopl... » | Short Story » | Pirate's of the Caribbean 3 - at World's End »

Definition of Home

The definition of “home” is very complex and has lots of meanings.

Some civilizations still live in deserts or forests like wild animals and they call it their home. Almost all nuclear families consider that home is where we have our family. The single persons that live alone think that home is where he/she belongs and they’re happy with their independence. In my mind, I still have the same opinion since my parents got divorced: home is where the heart is.

Unfortunately, there are those who don’t know the real meaning of home (specially children) because they are orphans who don’t know their real family and live in different houses and with different parents, and they can be war refugees who live in refugee camps and are exposed to misery and disease. Also, there are those who do not have a home of their own like prisoners and the homeless men and women, and there are persons who miss their home because they’re living in other countries or work so much that they have to sleep in hotels.

In my situation, I have always lived in Lisbon with my father but my meaning of home is where I feel safe, have my own territory and can express my real identity. Sometimes, I feel it when I’m in the faculty because I have lots of friends there and I can express my feelings with some of them. Sometimes, I only feel safe when I spend some time at my boyfriend’s house because I consider his family as mine too and, in his room, I have lots of things that are mine like books and records. But my bedroom is where I have my own territory and I consider it my real home. I know that I will live in another house and get my independence when I start working but the bedroom of my father’s house will always be my real home and I will miss it a lot. So, for me, home is also where I will belong for the rest of my life.

Labels:

I enjoyed reading your definition of home very much. I'm glad we all have a "home"... let us give it its real value, for there are, as you said, those who have no home. Shall we? =)

Post a Comment