« Home | The sea<?xml:namespace prefix = o />For some peopl... » | Short Story » | Pirate's of the Caribbean 3 - at World's End » | Home<?xml:namespace prefix = o />There was once a ... » | Feedback to blog » | Carapace » | The mysterious hitchhikerThe scary next day…A narr... » | HOOKED ON A FEELING!!! loooool » | Deadman's Chest - Jack did it again! =P » | Carapace - Two Years Later »

Home

What can I say to describe Home?

For me my home is located in the past, when I was a child, happy and energetic…

I was born in Cape Vert, on Santiago Isle, and for me the whole island was my house, my home.

I remember that I would love to travel around it, when I would go visit relatives or when it would just be walks with my granddad. It would be a really wonderful feeling and the sun would always go with us.

The favourite place for me would be the beach, where I would often go with my granddad. For those who grow up in an island, watching the sea is certainly a normal and common thing, but for me it would always be special and different, each time I would go there. Every single time I would be introduced to a new thing, a new element.

For me the sea would be magic… I can still remember it: the sun warming my face, the wind dancing around me, bringing the smell that I can still remember, of pure sea water; seagulls flying around, and palm trees singing along with the wind… everything would be magic when I was there, but only when a special person would be with me.

Home is wherever you feel loved, and you love in return, but there is always a place that remains in your heart, no matter how much time has passed, and that’s why my heart is in the past.

Years have passed but I can still remember some of the stories I’d been told at night, or the night sky full of bright stars, or a strong hand being gentle with me and guiding me to a safe sleep.

I can still remember riding an old bike around a so known village, laughing and wishing for it to never end.

Every time I talk about home, I remember my country, Cape Vert, I remember the sea, I remember the clear blue sky the day brings or the starry night sky; I remember happy faces, I remember laughs, I remember sad goodbyes, I remember tears, I remember what I was like and what I’ve become. I remember it all because there is a special person in each and every episode of my childhood: my granddad.

Home is wherever your family is, but your heart has to be there as well, and mine is in Cape Vert.

Labels:

My experience is simillar actually. How i remember the greenish hills, calm rivers, fields filled with seeds were you could look up to the sky with no worries at all... That's my old life at my grandma's house in the north of Portugal... i miss it, and envy myself for not being able to be there as much as i could... i haven't been there since i was a kid... Anyways, nice text, very enjoying =)

How I wish you'd feel home near all of us... Love you sis'! Huge kiss

Ohhhh ='( I like you so much!!!

I hope that you find happiness again in Cape Vert... I wish! =) ****

Post a Comment