« Home | Confirm » | Presentation Milton » | Short Story :3 » | A Home of a Wolf » | Home<?xml:namespace prefix = o />What can I say to... » | The sea<?xml:namespace prefix = o />For some peopl... » | Short Story » | Pirate's of the Caribbean 3 - at World's End » | Home<?xml:namespace prefix = o />There was once a ... » | Feedback to blog »

Rapper poetry

Hi guys and girls! As I said before, I will post some poetry on the blog, but first I will say who was the person who influenced me to write poetry; that person is the great (unfortunately late) rapper Tupac Amaru Shakur. I simply adore him, his songs are awesome (for me), the way he joins and combines the lyrics are fantastic! Many people see Hip Hop as criminal gangster music but, in my opinion, that is wrong: Hip Hop begun at mid 80´s as a way to denounce the social situation in urban environments and the troubles in black guettos. Well, today I agree that rappers only talk about non important issues as money, big cars etc but Tupac or 2Pac (stage name) is different. Although, his lyrics are violent to the most sensitive persons; he talked about the struggles and the problems that people face such as racism, poverty and difficulties in general that people of ALL races face. I like him very much also because he was not only a rapper but a thinker, a philosopher, an activist, a revolutionary and a poet. His poetry really touches one´s heart and definitely made my mind to start writing poetry. Here is one of his finest poems:

Today is filled with angerfueled with hidden hate
scared of being outcast afraid of common fate
Today is built on tragedies which no one wants 2 face
nightmares 2 humanities and morally disgraced
Tonight is filled with rage violence in the air
children bred with ruthlessness because no one at home cares
Tonight I lay my head down but the pressure never stops knowing at my sanity
content when I am dropped But 2morrow I see change a chance 2 build a new
Built on spirit intent of Heart and ideals based on truth
and tomorrow I wake with second wind and strong
because of pride 2 know I fought with all my heart 2 keep my dream alive

Tupac Shakur 1971-1996

I hope you guys and girls have enjoyed it
For more info on 2Pac search in wikipedia, google or go to
www.2pac.site.vu
Thanks Milton

Labels:

Sorry mate, nothing against you, but I simply hate hop hop/rap.
Gah, cant's stand it :X
Good luck your poems :3

*with your poems

Nice text, thanks for sharing. I agree with blaze there, but i understand clearly your opinion on "2days" rap and the 80's...

Even so, meh...

Anyways, eager to see what you can come up with in the poetry section...

good luck

You're totally right! =)
I agree with you: 2Pac was one of the best rappers in the music history and unfortunately he was murdered (like Notorious B.I.G. and others). He's still on the top of Hip Hop singers and they all adore him and see him as an example to follow (and some of them think that he's still secretly living on an island... =D)
Unlike my friends, I like to listen to some Hip Hop music.
Put some more poems! =)

****

Post a Comment