« Home | A Simple Man and a Simple Life » | Geossara Costa interviewed by André Pereira and An... » | I'm a big girl in a big world! =) » | Hello! » | Who I am »

Joana Carlos interviewed by Sara Eichman

1) What are your hobbies?
Joana Carlos: My hobbies are being with my boyfriend and friends, travelling through Portugal, going out to cinemas or discos/bars, listening to music, watching TV and other things.

2) Do you have pets? What's their names?
JC: Now I don't have but I had four canaries that I loved a lot and their names were Piu Piu, Vaidosa ("Vain"), a second Piu Piu and Cenoura ("Carrot"). I had silkworms too.

3) How is the relationship with your family?
JC: The relationship with my family is good. My parents are divorced and my sister lives with her boyfriend but, besides that, I get along fine with them. I live with my father and with my stepmother but sometimes I meet my mother on some weekends and go out to dinner or lunch and to the cinema.

4) Do you have boyfriend? Tell me about him.
JC: Yes, I have and I'm dating him for about two years and one month. He's very nice, funny and intelligent. He lives in Olivais, Lisbon and he's taking Medicine at the University of Lisbon and he wants to be a researcher and a cathedratic teacher.

5) Where do you live? Do you like to live there?
JC: I live in Benfica, Lisbon. I love to live there because I have lots of things to do in this city like lots of malls with cinemas, discos and bars, concerts, museums, gardens and other beautiful sight seeings that Lisbon has. I had a house in the country (Quinta do Anjo, near Palmela) but I still prefer Lisbon to live.

6) What are your most important goals?
JC: My important goals are to work as a technical-scientific translator and a music criticiser at the same time and I want to take master degree in Translation or in Music.

7) What are your greatest achievements?
JC: My greatest achievements were taking Webdesign for a year and I liked a lot because I wanted to know more Computing; the other was going out of the university last year because I didn't like the people and the course I was taking.

8) What are your favorite colours?
JC: My favorite colours are red and pink because that colours look good on me and they transmit passion and happiness.

9) What are your favorite actor/actress?
JC: I don't have a favorite actor or actress but normally I like to see these ones: Nicole Kidman, Scarlett Johansson, Nicolas Cage and Tom Cruise.

10) What's your favorite movie?
JC: My favorite movie is "Clockwork Orange" by Stanley Kubrick because it makes critics about politics, drugs and sex of the society of the 70's. The director emphasizes that with the combination of classical music, naked girls, sexual harassments, sex in public locations like hospitals, violence in the streets provoqued by gangs and other things.

11) What's your favorite song?
JC: I like a lot of songs but for now I hear two musics of the group Muse: "Butterflies and Hurricanes" and "Knights of Cydonia". The lyrics touch me a lot!

12) What are your favorite singers/groups?
JC: My favorites singers/groups are Madonna, The Beatles, Muse, Garbage, Depêche Mode, The Cardigans and others.

13) What's your favorite book?
JC: My favorite book is "Perfume - The Story of a Murder" by Patrick Süskind. This book is simply brilliant especially considering how bizarre and twisted the story and concept are.

14) What's your favorite writer?
JC: My favorite writer is Almeida Garrett because I simply love the dramatic stories that he wrote.

15) Do you have a religion?
JC: No, I'm agnostic. Although being baptized when I was a baby, I never went to masses and catechesim. Besides that, I believe that there's life after death.

16) What's your favorite quote?
JC: My favorite quote is "I'm a big girl in a big world". This phrase is a theme of a Swedish song. It means a lot to me because when I first heard the song, it changed the thought that a sole person could not change the world by its own.

17) When you were little and people asked you what you wanted to be, what was your answer?
JC: When people asked me what I wanted to be, I answered that I didn't know but I would never be a teacher, although everyone at my age wanted to be a teacher, even then, I want to be original. This idea followed me until today.

18) Tell me a funny story which happened to you.
JC: I have participated in a funny and shameful story which happened in Halloween last year. I was commemorating that day in my boyfriend's house with him, with his mother, his niece and a friend of ours. We were ridiculously masqueraded and we were going to see terror movies eating some popcorn but our friend had a brilliant idea that turned into a disaster. Her idea was to go "trick or treat" but it were to be us who would be frightened. My boyfriend started to joke of us and said that he wouldn't go with us. I got upset with him when he refused but all the girls were excited to do that so we went out the house and started to enter in the buildings to scare people. We were hiding in the middle of the cars so that the people couldn't see us. We started to ring at a house when the door opened and a big dog appears and starts to bark at us. We were scared and started to run away (especially me because I'm afraid of dogs) but the dog had a collar and was being pushed by a girl that started to laugh at us. Besides that, we didn't give up of the idea and went to another building to scare people. We rang to a house and they opened the door to us. We were surprised but we entered to the lift to go to the 8th floor. Then we listened to some strange noises which frightened us a lot. When the lift stopped on the 8th floor, none of us wanted to scare the people in that floor because we were very frightened to do that. Our friend explained that the only thing that was supposed to do was going out of the lift, ring at the house, scare the person and escape through the stairs. When we were prepared to do that, a person opens the door of the house and ask "Who is it?". We started to scream and pushed all the lift's buttons and in one of the floors we went out and started to run to the stairs screaming frightened with all the situation. After that, we came back to my boyfriend's house. Now we joke a lot with that situation but I promise that I will never do "trick or treat" again!

Labels:

first one again :P nice answers ;)

Post a Comment