« Home | Cosplay... my hobby » | Question » | Portuguese Summer Festivals » | Portuguese LegendsPortugal is a country full of le... » | Tourism of Portugal » | Portuguese Northern food » | The Mysterious Hitchhiker - continuation of version 2 » | Assessment Task - Monday 4th December » | Homework » | Mission Impossible 3 »

Carapace Part 2 - A Life of Lies

It’s never too late, is it?


It’s been quiet, almost too quiet… My life has changed quite a lot since I’ve left my beloved hometown… I now reside in Australia, a continent I’m not quite familiarized with… and share my life with a man I don’t like at all… I miss my mother… I miss my simple life… I miss the beach… and I miss Vijay…
It’s been two years since that dramatic day… The day I’ve left the only thing that kept me alive in this world… My roots, and my love… my true love! Not this person I share my bed every night!
I’ve never seen my mother again. I know she’s alright, because Anura keeps sending checks to her once a month, and they haven’t been refunded. I’ve never heard about Vijay since we talked at the telephone. I don’t know how he is, and what he's up to. If he still loves me, or has moved ahead remains unknown to me… But I still miss him…
Maybe I should let go… Maybe I should accept things has how they are… Sure, I should consider myself a lucky girl, being able to live a life of luxury, and I know many people would die to live as good as I do… but at what cost? I don’t associate myself in any way with this nightmare… this web of lies…
If only I could make a stand… to be an example for women everywhere… to actually rise over the ashes and charge into my dreams… But, I’m too weak, not physically, but mentally…
My life with Anura usually revolves around taking care of the house, making meals, tiding each and every room until he arrives at later at night. By then he surprises me with sparkly things, or furry coats... But, to be honest, he never surprised me at all! I feel as if I’m being paid to be “his” wife… a belonging, something you use and get rid of…
One day, I will take what’s rightfully mine… not the objects hanged on the coat hangers, or in the black boxes, but the life I’ve lost and hope to attain…
It’s never too late… is it?

Labels:

..and another "sad" end :P
I liked some expressions you used :D

kiss*

bah! I'm getting depressed with the endings... =(

It’s never too late to change our destiny but it’s hard to escape from the situation that we (or other person) had thought to be better... But, after all, wasn’t.
This episode is real for African and Asian women that still have an arranged marriage by their family with someone that they don’t love… Don’t you agree with me?
****

Post a Comment