« Home | Homework » | Mission Impossible 3 » | “A Clockwork Orange”: a film that everyone should see » | Could you kill your best friend?That’s the senten... » | The Road with only a Known End » | Reach for your Goals » | We can always choose our destination » | Endless Running » | Me, Myself and I » | Sara Eichman interviewed by Joana Carlos »

Assessment Task - Monday 4th December

Mystery Girl, the Mysterious Hitchhiker

Version 2 – Part 2

Carlo was worried… It’s been a week since he saw the girl and he was getting frustrated…
“What am I doing?”, he said to himself. “I’ve got to get her out of my head… It’s not my problem anymore…”. He tried and tried, but he just couldn’t forget that sad face and the looks on her eyes when he found her abandoned near the road in that miserable state…
It was raining… It’s been like that for days! He was seated on his sofa on a rainy Saturday evening.
Suddenly, and refusing to ponder anymore about the situation, he rose up, walked to the garage, got on the car, and drove silently, trying to remember exactly were he left the poor girl. The clouds gathered around, and no soon after that, the rain turned into hail… but he didn’t care at all…
“Why am I even doing this?”, he wondered while he turned another turn on the last roadblock. “What is this feeling I’m having?”
He parked the car in front of the fated place, and he was seen knocking at the door of her house. Yet, no response… He tried to shout, but he didn’t know her name.
He was inhaling some air for a desperate scream when he heard someone shouting at him from across the road. It was an old woman. “There’s no one there, sonny. That house will be demolished next Tuesday… Do you need an umbrella?”
Carlo was soaking wet, but he had frozen himself, not because of the cold and the hail, but he couldn’t believe what he had just heard… “What am I getting into?”, he thought.
He rushed to the car, thanked the old lady and about forty minutes later he was seated again on his living room’s sofa enjoying an hot cup of tea… He couldn’t feel much better…

Labels:

I loved the open ending, from there I could strech it XP I'm a sucker for writing ^^

I liked the version that you made for this story but I think that it could have more suspense! =D
****

Great work. I just love it when they are no scary parts :P
You are very talented and kept me captivated till the end :)

****

Post a Comment