« Home | Joana Carlos interviewed by Sara Eichman » | A Simple Man and a Simple Life » | Geossara Costa interviewed by André Pereira and An... » | I'm a big girl in a big world! =) » | Hello! » | Who I am »

André Pereira interviewed by André Carvalho and Geossara Costa

1) Do you intend to do a part-time job during holidays so you can practice translation?
André Pereira: No, I don’t see what I could do to practice. Work at MacDonald’s attending foreign costumers? No thanks…

2) Is this course what you expected it to be?
AP: Yes. Everything that I wanted! I’m very happy!

3) Many people are talking about doing a master degree in translation. Do feel like doing it as well?
AP: Yes, doing that gets me closer to a job, I think… And I would feel fulfilled.

4) Forgetting for a while your professional goals, which are your personal ones?
AP: Getting married and go to Japan.

5) Sometimes being a college/university student requires a lot of sacrifices. Is there any sacrifice you needed to do in order to fulfill your dream?
AP: Play videogames and watch anime will be consequently less than study time.

6) What do you consider to be the class which is more connected with you and your future translation area?
AP: Computing applied to Translation at the moment is the best class as it is connected with my future goals.

7) If you would like to study abroad, which country would you pick and why?
AP: Definitely UK.

8) What do you consider to be the main characteristic of a translator and why?
AP: Its eloquence perhaps and his/her language know-how.

9) What is that one thing you treasure the most above all that is material and substantial?
AP: I could say my girlfriend, but she’s not material…so I’ll have to say my videogames.

10) Do you consider yourself special in any aspect or area? What turns you different from another? Explain.
AP: I get along fine with computers, don’t know why, I just understand and work fine with them. So, no problems with that. My English is very good because I was 7 years among Americans.

11) If you would pick an animal that is your very personality in any way, who which would it be and why?
AP: A cat; I’m very dependent and independent at the same time. I’m my own boss and answer to nobody. I love to be alone as much as I love people. I like to help them and expect them to help me. I’m very nice, caring and cute.

Labels: