« Home | Reach for your Goals » | We can always choose our destination » | Endless Running » | Me, Myself and I » | Sara Eichman interviewed by Joana Carlos » | André Carvalho interviewed by Geossara Costa and A... » | André Pereira interviewed by André Carvalho and Ge... » | Joana Carlos interviewed by Sara Eichman » | A Simple Man and a Simple Life » | Geossara Costa interviewed by André Pereira and An... »

The Road with only a Known End

(This is dedicated to a dear friend that was always there for me and whom I will never forget!)





I'm very glad to walk the road of life and I think that everyone should be too... Why are we always complaining about everything? Instead, we should grow up and be better prepared for the road which leads us all to death. Some even take short cuts on the road wasting lots of opportunities that are given to them.

We have the power to change the road of life. Sometimes our road crosses with another ones... That little roads can be of love, friendship or perhaps hate. In one of that little roads I found a lovely girl that was lost and was trying to find someone that could like her with all her imperfections - aren´t we all full of imperfections? Then we joined forces to build our roads together through friendship and love. We promised ourselves that our roads would be the best ever!

My road of life has a pavement made of a stave filled with musical notes and the garden on the sides is covered with daisies. When I was feeling down, it started to rain and some musical notes were erased from the stave and I needed help to write them again and to rebuild my song again. And there she was, helping me to find another notes to replace the missing ones turning the melody better than before. Sometimes I needed to take care of the daisies - the relationships with the persons that I love most, found through my journey - and that, by my neglicence, started to have some weeds. When it happened, I started to cry and, somehow, she appeared to catch my tears, to cheer me up and to take the weeds off the sides of the pavement.

As the time was passing by, she built a road just like mine: a stave with musical notes but, instead of that, she wanted some big trees on the sides of her road. With each other's help, our roads were more beautiful than they ever did.

One day, I was looking for her and there was no sign of her, suddenly her stave was finished and she disappeared to nowhere. Some questions popped up in my head:
  • Where did she go? Is she alright?
  • Why did she disappear and why did her road end so soon?
  • If she was a good person that didn't want to hurt anyone, why did she DIE?
Well, I believe that there's life after death and probably she is building another road on a better place to stay... Who knows? I wish that for her as she deserves it.
In that time, I was feeling upset with some persons that only remembered her after death. Why didn't they want to be with her when she was alive? She shouldn't be recognized by her death but by the good memories that we passed with her.
After this painful reflexion, I realized that I have to move on and continue to build my road again, even without her. I will have the help of other great persons that are in my life (thanks to Diogo, Susana, Miguel e Catarina - you are the best!) and she will always remain in my memories. I have learned a lot with her and I will not forget her advices about my relationship with other persons.

Have you ever had to face a death? To see the road of that person's unproperly finished? That experience makes you more mature and prepared to face more naturally our death or of other persons. Take care of your roads and help others to build their own when they need help. You will find a good friend and perhaps a beautiful road of friendship!

"It's something unpredictable but in the end is right, I hope you had the time of your life." by Green Day - "Good Ridance (Time of your Life)"

Labels:

Your friend was lucky to have someone like you ^^
RIP.

Events like this, often change our own personality... Treasure your memories, since that person still LIVES in them ^^

I know it's difficult to face death but you are doing it well..And friends like that are very rare and you must feel greatful because you had one.you are a great friend..kisses

touching... she'll live forever through you =)

Thanks for all your sweet and careless words!!! =)

I am really proud that I met someone like her. Just like I said, I will never forget her!

Kisses to all!!!******************

Sorry for taking so long to comment your post.
What you wrote is really beautiful and I was really touched by the words you used to describe such a beautiful friendship.
I've been taught that nothing really ends in this world as long as we keep remembering it, and that friendship will never be erased, even if a great storm threatens the musical notes that both of you have created, because you will always remember her.

Big kisses, and don't forget you now have other people that will be glad to help you keeping your road.

:)***

Post a Comment