« Home | The Road with only a Known End » | Reach for your Goals » | We can always choose our destination » | Endless Running » | Me, Myself and I » | Sara Eichman interviewed by Joana Carlos » | André Carvalho interviewed by Geossara Costa and A... » | André Pereira interviewed by André Carvalho and Ge... » | Joana Carlos interviewed by Sara Eichman » | A Simple Man and a Simple Life »

Could you kill your best friend?

That’s the sentence that’ll echo in your mind during the whole movie.

In a not-so-distant future, Japan finds itself drowning in a wave of undisciplinary behavior. Students ditch classes, mock teachers and the concept of politeness is all but a long-gone ideal.

The solution? To establish the random and deadly law of Battle Royal.

In this pseudo-horror movie (which is more a teen gore action flick) the students are forced into unknown grounds and armed with anything - and only one is allowed to survive.

The main character, Shuya Nanahara, fills in the role of the sole pillar of non-violence, taking as his only goal to desperatly try and protect his best friend, Noriko Nakagawa.

The characters are fairly well played with each student possessing a very unique personality and with some overacting from the main characters. The villain and the protagonist are well characterized and their lines deliver powerful nuances to the clashes of their personalities.

The movie's soundtrack is an odd but perfect choice, introducing a peaceful and restoring mood to the killing frenzy of the movie. I have to take my hat off to the special effects team for the magnificent work. Every death, every drop of blood, every gorish scene is very unique.

In the end, the movie gives us a good kick on the head, a moral lesson which we have to figure out on this movie that we call life.

In my modest opinion, this movie is one of the best japanese movies I’ve ever seen.

If you are a student, a teacher or just a janitor, then this movie it’s just for you.

Labels:

Could I kill my best friend? That’s really a good question... ;)
I think that I couldn’t! I was just kidding!
I saw a little bit of the film and I didn't see more because it has some horrible images of people dying, the blood caused me nauseas and I started to cry. Really! I was very frightened at that time but I want to see it all someday.
One of my best friends loves it for the same reasons that you give on your review.
I like your review, it’s very simple and you show the film’s best qualities. Well done! =)

One of the best movies ever made....5* everyone must see it!

Post a Comment