« Home | The mysterious hitchhikerThe scary next day…A narr... » | HOOKED ON A FEELING!!! loooool » | Deadman's Chest - Jack did it again! =P » | Carapace - Two Years Later » | Carapace Part 2 - A Life of Lies » | Cosplay... my hobby » | Question » | Portuguese Summer Festivals » | Portuguese LegendsPortugal is a country full of le... » | Tourism of Portugal »

Carapace



Two years have passed…

I hate choosing, I really do!
That was what I was thinking exactly two years ago.
For the first time I had to choose between two men, a wealthy one, Anura Perera, and a cook on the beach, Vijay.
Now that I look at the past I can see clearly that I had no reason to think about making a choice, because that question had an obvious answer.
But the turning point happened that day, when Mr Perera would come for our first date. If I remember it correctly, the telephone rang and it was Vijay asking me to have a dinner with him. I can still remember hearing the sea through the phone. I didn’t give him an answer. After all, what would I do? All my family was waiting for Mr Perera arrival… And Vijay was waiting for me…
He wouldn’t call me again. It was up to me to decide what to do.
Slowly and completely lost in my thoughts I went back to ironing my jade green saree. I was doing everything automatically, like a machine, and my thoughts were far away…
Like awaking from a dream, I found myself walking along the beach, with the sea’s smell embracing me.
A few steps forward, we could see Vijay’s Beach Hut. But something was different that night. While I was getting closer, I could see it better.
The Beach Hut was only being enlightened by a few candles disposed at the centre of a beautifully arranged table.
I kept walking towards that amazing view, but it seemed that I would never reach it. I wanted to get closer, but my feet wouldn’t move.
Suddenly Vijay was standing at the Beach Hut door, and as if he knew what I was feeling, he came to me and took me gently by the hand.
I felt I was being treated like a child that couldn’t do anything for herself. He would put the food in my plate, poured the wine, which felt especially sweet that night. But on the other hand it felt really good to be the centre of his attention.
Despite all that happiness I was feeling, I couldn’t look in his eyes. It was like all gravity was focused on my head, keeping me from looking at him.
It was while I was thinking about this that Vijay’s gentle hand slowly raised my head and he gave me a soft kiss. A long kiss that, in its innocence, totally contrasted with the cold night air.
Two years have passed since that day, the day that absolutely changed my life. My all body and soul chose for me to be with him, and there certainly couldn’t be bigger joy.
Every single day is spent at the Beach Hut, which is already my home. I get to feel the ocean breeze that I love so much, in my country that I also love.
The family that once supported with all their strength my marriage with a total stranger, now love the man I chose and love so deeply.
Like a fairytale everybody tells that can’t happen in real life, I feel I can live happily ever after.

Labels:

Nice, romantic story indeed! Great use of english sis ;) loved to read it :P

Trully, a masterpiece in the making... ;)

This was one of the best ones i've read so far. Most of them haven't happy endings, but this one has it and, a well-plotted romance attached to it.

Well done

The first story of Carapace that ends happily with the man that she loves... =)

Lots of kisses!********************

:):):) SO beautiful!...I love your story and your writing!.. it is very creative!
As Ace said it is absolutely one of the best (maybe it is really the best!) stories of Carapace I've read! :D

kiss*

Thank you for your comments.
I'm really glad you liked it :)

Post a Comment